How to apply

Please note that one of the objectives of the Explore program is to offer participants the chance to travel to a province other than their own and discover another part of Canada. If you are applying to an institution in the region you live in, you may have less of a chance to obtain a place. For more information, contact your provincial or territorial coordinator.

If you are a permanent resident of Quebec, you must apply HERE.

Anglophones temporarily studying in Quebec but with a permanent address outside of Quebec, must use the Web site to apply.

Step 1: Read about the various institutions you can attend, and then choose which locations appeal to you the most.

Quebec residents can access their profile on after mid-March or once they have received their credentials by e-mail.

Step 2: Create an on-line profile, or log in to your existing profile (duplicate profiles are not permitted, so please use your existing profile from,, or, if applicable.

Step 3: Create an application. Make sure to save it by clicking on the “Finish” button before printing it. The print version of your application will be two pages long and will not show your preferred institutions; it will contain a Declaration Form and an information page.

Step 4: You will need to take your Declaration Form to a registrar or designated official (teacher, principal, guidance counsellor) at your school and have him or her complete the section under the heading “Signature and Seal.” You will also need a school stamp or seal in the empty box below that section. (Not applicable to Quebec residents.)

Step 5: You (and your parents or guardian if you are under 18) will need to sign and date the bottom of the Declaration Form. (Not applicable to Quebec residents.)

Step 6: Attach a copy of your proof of citizenship to the Declaration Form. (Not applicable to Quebec residents.) This could be any one of the following:

  • A copy of your Canadian birth certificate; or
  • A copy of your Canadian passport; or
  • A copy of your Canadian citizenship certificate (both sides); or
  • A copy of your permanent residence card or certificate (both sides).

Those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible.

Please note that we will not accept a driver’s licence, health or insurance card, student I.D. card, or Social Insurance (SIN) card as proof of citizenship or permanent residency.

Step 7: Send these documents to your provincial or territorial coordinator by the deadline. The application must be postmarked on or before the deadline, or else it may not be accepted.

Step 8: Your application may take a few weeks to process. You will hear from us by mid-March about whether you have received a place or not. (The draw date will be announced on our social media and Web site.) However, please be proactive. Check your on-line profile regularly to see if your status has changed, indicating that you have either been awarded a place or that you are on the waiting list.

Please note that all electronic communication will be sent to the e-mail address you have provided on your application form.


We would be happy to answer your questions about Explore. Tell us how to contact you and we’ll be in touch.